Do you need a Cloudlifter with the Shure MV7? We tested the microphone both ways to show you wether you need it or not.
Quick Answer: You don’t need the Cloudlifter with the Shure MV7 for USB mode or XLR mode.
Shure MV7 USB Mode
When you use the USB cable of the Shure MV7 Microphone, you don’t need a cloudlifter.
Shure MV7 XLR Mode
When you use a XLR cable with the Shure MV7, we don’t find that a cloudlifter is helpful since most preamps have enough gain to properly supply the Shure MV7.
Pricing For Shure MV7 & Cloudlifter
- Shure MV7 Hybrid Microphone: https://currentprice.io/shure_mv7
- Cloudlifter CL1 Inline Preamp: https://currentprice.io/cloudlifter
- Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface: https://currentprice.io/scarlett_2i2
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones: https://currentprice.io/beyer_dt_990
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/6ft_xlr
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
Shure MV7 & Cloudlifter Topics
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:10 – Pricing & Specs
- 0:25 – USB Mode
- 0:35 – XLR Mode With Interface / Mixer
- 0:49 – What Does A Cloudlifter Do?
- 1:23 – Testing With Scarlett 2i2
- 2:15 – Noise Without A Cloudlifter
- 3:53 – Noise With Cloudlifter
- 4:25 – No Cloudlifter vs Cloudlifter
- 4:41 – Summary
- 5:25 – Final Thoughts
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.