In this video, we test to see if you need a Cloudlifter with the Shure SM7B and TC Helicon GoXLR.
You typically need a Cloudlifter for one of two reasons:
1) Your interface doesn’t supply enough gain.
2) Your interface supplies too much noise at the desired gain level.
Quick Answer: You don’t need a Cloudlifter with the GoXLR & Shure SM7B
Cloudlifter with GoXLR & Shure SM7B Pricing
- TC Helicon GoXLR: https://currentprice.io/goxlr
- Shure SM7B Dynamic Microphone: https://currentprice.io/shure_sm7b
- Cloudlifter CL-1 Inline Preamp: https://currentprice.io/cloudlifter
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones: https://currentprice.io/beyer_dt_990
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/xlr_cable
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
Cloudlifter with GoXLR & Shure SM7B Topics
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:11 – Pricing & Specs
- 0:23 – Why Cloudlifter?
- 0:32 – Enough Gain?
- 0:55 – Preamp Noise
- 1:25 – No Cloudlifter SM7B
- 2:16 – With Cloudlifter SM7B
- 3:18 – Comparison
- 3:52 – Summary
- 4:41 – Final Thoughts
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee from a qualifying purchase. This includes products or services from Amazon, Sweetwater, B&H Photo, Best Buy, Guitar Center, and more.
For more information, read our ethics and disclosure page.