In this tutorial we show you exactly what you need to know in order to connect your phone to your audio mixing console to play music at a live event. The same tips will work for a tablet or laptop.
How To Connect Phone To Audio Mixer
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Connecting a phone to the audio mixer of your sound system can be very helpful in playing music at your event or on your livestream.
- Plug an adapter into your phone to go from it’s lightning/usb-c port to a headphone jack.
If your phone doesn’t have a headphone jack, you will need an adapter. For iPhones, you’ll need a lightning to headphone jack adapter.
- Connect a 3.5mm or 1/8′ to dual 1/4″ Cable to your headphone jack.
- Connect 1/4″ connectors to your audio mixer.
- Turn the volume up!
Equipment For Connecting Phone To Audio Mixer
- Yamaha MG10: https://currentprice.io/yamaha_mg10
- Yamaha DXR12 Powered Speaker: https://currentprice.io/yamaha_dxr12
- Headphone Jack to Dual 1/4″ Cable: https://currentprice.io/14_to_dual_18
- Apple Lightning to Headphone Jack Adapter: https://currentprice.io/lightning_18in
- Radial Stereo DI Box: https://currentprice.io/radial_prod2
- Radial A/V DI Box: https://currentprice.io/proav1
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/xlr_cable
Connect Phone To Audio Mixer Chapters
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:21 – 1/8″ to Dual 1/4″ Cable Into Mic Input
- 1:33 – 1/8″ to Dual 1/4″ Cable Into Line Input
- 2:05 – Stereo DI Box
- 3:30 – Mono Sum DI Box
- 4:30 – Wireless Audio & Bluetooth
- 5:16 – Final Thoughts
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.
All opinions are based on our experience and are given for informational purposes only.