In this article, we’ll explain how to use a wireless DMX transmitter. We’ll walk you through the steps to prepare a simple lighting setup using an Elation Stage Setter 8, Chauvet D-Fi hub, and a pair of Chauvet Freedom Par Quad 4 LED lights.
Quick Answer: Connect the DMX controller to the wireless DMX transmitter. Make sure your lights are set to the same wireless channel as your transmitter. It’s as easy as that!
How To Use A Wireless DMX Transmitter
Time needed: 2 minutes.
- Turn on the DMX controller.
- Disable blackout mode on the controller.
Don’t forget to zero each fader too.
- Set the DMX controller to 16 channel mode.
Each fader controls a different DMX channel.
- Turn on the DMX transmitter.
Check the screen; by default, it will say “Transmit Manual Channel 1”. This is also the default channel used by your Chauvet wireless lights.
- Connect the controller to the DMX transmitter.
Controller output > DMX cable > Transmitter Input.
- Set the address and mode on each light as required.
If you’re new to the world of DMX lighting and want to know more, check out our beginner’s DMX lighting tutorial.