Are you looking for the best way to connect your audio mixer to your Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface for recording, live streaming, or video conferencing?
This is very common for people who want to connect their audio mixer to their computer. We’ve put this guide together to show you everything you need to know!
Quick Answer: Connect the outputs of your audio mixer to the input of your Scarlett 2i2 using balanced 1/4″ TRS Cables.
How To Connect Audio Mixer To Scarlett 2i2
Time needed: 5 minutes.
- Connect Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface To Computer
- Connect Audio Mixer To Power & Turn On
- Connect Microphone To Audio Mixer
Use phatom power if you’re using a condenser microphone
- Set Gain Properly on Microphone
You should be hitting close to “0” on your meter
- Turn Down Preamp on Scarlett 2i2
You should have instrument mode turned off
- Connect Balanced 1/4″ Cable from Mixer Output To Scarlett 2i2
- Open Audio Software
Garageband, Logic, Ableton, Protools, Cuebase, etc.
- Hit Record!
Audio Mixer & Scarlett 2i2 Pricing
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface: https://currentprice.io/scarlett_2i2
- Yamaha MG10XU Audio Mixer: https://currentprice.io/yamaha_mg10
- Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone: https://currentprice.io/at2020
- Balanced 1/4″ Cables: https://geni.us/S9MFSgB
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/6ft_xlr
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
Connect Audio Mixer to Scarlett 2i2 Topics & Chapters
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:28 – Pricing & Specs
- 1:40 – Connect Microphone To Mixer
- 2:09 – Microphone & Mixer Setup
- 3:02 – Focusrite Inputs
- 3:38 – Connect Mixer To Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
- 5:14 – Signal Connected To Computer
- 5:54 – Final Thoughts
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.