Let’s discuss the similarities and differences between the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface and the Focusrite Scarlett Solo Audio Interface.
Scarlett 2i2 & Scarlett Solo Overview
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and Scarlett Solo audio interfaces both offer great value for the dollar. They both include the following features:
- Preamps – Good sounding microphone preamps (for the dollar) with 57 dB of gain
- Air mode – Boost of upper frequencies
- 1/4″ Instrument Input(s)
- 1/4″ Line Level Input(s)
- Direct Monitoring
- Line Level Outputs – Left & Right
- USB Connection (24 Bit / 192 kHz)
- Headphone Jack
What is the difference between 2i2 & Solo?
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 has two combination jacks (XLR & 1/4″) and the Scarlett Solo has one XLR jack and one 1/4″ jack.
Who is the Scarlett Solo For?
We recommend the Scarlett Solo for anyone who is looking for a small interface to connect a single microphone to their computer. It also works well for singer song writers who want to play a single instrument (guitar or piano) while they sing.
If you do any of the following, the Scarlett Solo is perfect for you:
- Voiceover & Vocal Recording
- Single person podcast
- Live streaming
- Video Conferencing
- Singer Songwriter
- Vocal Microphone
- Guitar with pickup, electric guitar, or electric keyboard (mono)
Who is the Scarlett 2i2 For?
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is perfect for those who need a bit more flexibility and may need to connect two microphone or two instruments to the interface.
- Two person podcast recording
- Two person live streaming
- Mic’ing stereo sources (grand piano)
- Mic’ing two guitar amps at the same time, or two instruments at the same time
- People who need more flexibility and are more likely to be experimenting in the studio
Scarlett 2i2 & Scarlett Solo Pricing
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface: https://currentprice.io/scarlett_2i2
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo Audio Interface: https://currentprice.io/scarlett_solo
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Kit: https://currentprice.io/2i2_kit
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo Kit: https://currentprice.io/solo_kit
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/6ft_xlr
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
Scarlett 2i2 VS Scarlett Solo Topics
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:45 – Pricing (Interface & Combo Kit)
- 1:12 – Physical Size
- 1:26 – Rear of Device
- 1:45 – Front of Device
- 1:58 – Scarlett Solo Interface
- 3:15 – Scarlett 2i2 Interface
- 4:05 – Preamps & Gain Control
- 4:13 – Comparison & Recommendation
- 5:20 – Final Thoughts
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.