In this tutorial we show you how to connect and setup the AT2020 Microphone with the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface.
You will learn what gain settings to use and what monitoring options are available to you while working with this audio interface.
Once everything is setup, we also do a demo of the Air mode on the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface so you can hear what this special mode can add to your recording.
Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
The Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface gives everyone the ability to record high quality 24 bit / 192 kHz recordings from the comfort of their own home.
The Scarlett 2i2 has two combination jacks that can accept:
- XLR Microphone Level Inputs
- 1/4″ Instrument Level Inputs
- 1/4″ Line Level Inputs
The Scarlett 2i2 is quite possibly the best selling audio interface due to the price and value that it delivers to home studios all over the world.
Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone
The Audio Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Microphone is designed for vocal and general studio recording in a variety of settings. The AT2020 is a side-address microphone with a cardioid polar pattern for rejecting ambiance and noise at the off-axis sections of the microphone capsule.
A frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz allows this microphone to accurately reproduce signals from a wide variety of sources. High SPL capacity and wide dynamic range allow the AT2020 condenser microphone to capture loud signals with minimal noise and distortion.
How To Setup Scarlett 2i2 With AT2020
- Connect Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 To Computer
Connect Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 To Computer using USB C Cable or using USB C to USB A Cable
- Connect Audio Technica AT2020 to Scarlett 2i2
Using XLR Cable
- Turn on Phantom Power (48v)
Turn on phantom power (48v) to activate AT2020 Microphone
- Turn up gain as necessary
Turn up gain as necessary: aim for -18dB to -12dB for recordings,aim for -6dB for live streaming/video conferencing
- Press Record!
Pricing & Specs Scarlett 2i2 & AT2020
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface: https://currentprice.io/scarlett_2i2
- Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone: https://geni.us/XKG3n5t
- Foam Windscreen for AT2020 Condenser Microphone: https://geni.us/XKG3n5t
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/xlr_cable
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
Scarlett 2i2 & AT2020 Setup Tutorial Chapters
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:55 – Pricing & Specs
- 1:15 – Microphone Orientation
- 2:05 – Audio Interface Settings
- 2:18 – Connect AT2020 to Scarlett 2i2
- 2:49 – Connect Scarlett 2i2 to Computer
- 3:10 – Phantom Power
- 3:30 – Gain Setup
- 5:25 – Air Setting
- 6:10 – Foam Windscreen / Pop Filter / Plosive Protection
- 7:10 – Foam Windscreen & Air
- 7:30 – Final Thoughts