Are you looking to connect an audio mixer to your Focusrite Scarlett Solo? This will allow you to “unlock” more inputs of your Scarlett Solo and can be ideal for home recording, video conferencing, and live streaming more inputs that what are available on your Scarlett Solo.
Quick Answer: To connect an audio mixer to your Scarlett Solo, simply connect the output of your audio mixer to the 1/4″ input of your Scarlett Solo using a balanced 1/4″ TRS Cable.
How To Connect Audio Mixer To Scarlett Solo
Time needed: 5 minutes.
- Connect Scarlett Solo Audio Interface To Computer
- Connect Audio Mixer To Power & Turn On
- Connect Microphone To Audio Mixer
Use phatom power if you’re using a condenser microphone
- Set Gain Properly on Microphone
You should be hitting close to “0” on your meter
- Turn Down Preamp on Scarlett Solo
You should have instrument mode turned off
- Connect Balanced 1/4″ Cable from Mixer Output To Scarlett 2i2
- Open Audio Software
Garageband, Logic, Ableton, Protools, Cuebase, etc.
- Hit Record!
Equipment & Pricing For Connecting Mixer To Interface
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo: https://currentprice.io/scarlett_solo
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2: https://currentprice.io/scarlett_2i2
- Yamaha MG10 Audio Mixer (no USB): https://currentprice.io/yamaha_mg10
- Audio Technica AT2020 Microphone: https://currentprice.io/at2020
- Balanced 1/4″ Cable: https://currentprice.io/balanced_trs
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/6ft_xlr
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
Audio Mixer Connect To Scarlett Solo Topics
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:20 – Pricing & Specs
- 0:38 – Connect Audio Mixer to Scarlett Solo
- 2:00 – Multi-Track Recording vs Stereo Mix
- 2:11 – Stereo vs Mono
- 3:04 – Headphone Monitoring
- 4:03 – Connect Microphone To Mixer
- 4:20 – Reset Audio Mixer
- 4:58 – Stereo Level Setting
- 5:23 – Channel Level Setting
- 5:38 – Phantom Power Setting
- 5:51 – Gain Setting
- 6:19 – Line Level Signals
- 7:10 – Aux Outputs
- 8:10 – Connect Audio Mixer to Scarlett Solo
- 8:30 – Balanced 1/4″ Cable
- 8:50 – Connect Audio Mixer to Scarlett Solo
- 9:20 – Computer Recording Level
- 10:29 – Monitoring Options
- 10:45 – Final Thoughts
Learn More About Scarlett 2i2
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.