At Kettner Creative, our professional audio visual technicians connect iPads to Projectors on a daily basis. We’ve put together our best information to help you connect your iPad to your projector as easily as possible.
Before you get started, you will need the following equipment:
(amazon affiliate links)
- iPad or iPad Pro
- HDMI Adapter
- HDMI Cable
- Projector (We prefer Epson Projectors)
How To Connect iPad to Projector
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Use the following steps to connect your iPad to your Projector
- Place your projector on the table where you want it.
Typically at the front of the room, perpendicular to the projector screen.
- Place your iPad on the same table (as close as possible)
The further away you are, the longer HDMI cable you will need.
- Plug in the power cable and turn the projector on.
The projector will typically take 2-3 minutes to turn on and be ready for input.
- Make sure your iPad is fully charged and turn it on.
Always restart your laptop before attempting to connect it to a projector.
- Plug the HDMI cable into the iPad
You will need the following adapter to make this work:
iPad: Lightning to HDMI Adapter
iPad Pro: USB-C to HDMI Adapter
*we recommend only using the official adapters from Apple.
- The projector should automatically connect.
You many need to double check the input source selection on your projector if you have multiple inputs.
Pricing & Specs For Equipment Mentioned
- Lightning to HDMI Adapter: https://geni.us/W1c5uUH
- USB-C To HDMI Adapter: https://geni.us/PiWAot
- 6’ HDMI Cable: https://geni.us/uKdZ2K6
Connect iPad to Projector Chapters
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:49 Before You Get Started
- 0:55 Powering Up
- 1:15 Connecting The Equipment
- 2:23 Troubleshooting Tips
- 3:05 Resolution Information
- 3:30 Using YouTube
- 4:30 Final Thoughts
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.