In this video we answer the questions “Can I Plug My Microphone Directly Into A Speaker?”
This is a great question, and it’s a question that we get quite often from people who are trying to keep their setup simple. .
Quick Answer: If you have an XLR Microphone, you can plug it into the back of a self powered speaker! Make sure to set the input to “Mic” level.
Equipment For Connecting Microphone To Speaker
- Yamaha DXR8 Powered Speaker: https://geni.us/sMRa
- Yamaha MG10 Audio Mixer: https://geni.us/WLsbn
- Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone: https://geni.us/owIGKtS
- XLR Cable: https://geni.us/YmA0yK
Connect Microphone To Speaker Chapters
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:40 How to connect a Wired Microphone to a Powered Speaker
- 1:33 Mic Level
- 2:07 Cons to connecting a Microphone directly to a Speaker
- 2:38 Advantages of a Mixer
- 3:07 One Input on Speaker
- 3:39 EQ
- 4:22 Stereo Inputs
- 4:50 Location Options
- 5:28 Final Thoughts
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.