We’re looking for a copywriter to write a companion tutorial/blog post for each of our YouTube videos. We currently produce a video a day and have a backlog of about 20-30 articles that need to be written. We want 5-7 per week on an ongoing basis.
You can see the template for our articles below, they take a lot of the content from the YouTube video description itself (which is already written), then need a paragraph or so written about each chapter in the YouTube video.
Preferably we’d have someone with audio, podcasting, and home studio experience so we can make sure that the jargon is correct on a regular basis. We handle all of the graphics/screenshots/posting/WordPress/etc. With time, we would expect the copywriter to add 1-2 links to other content on our website per article as they become familiar with everything.
The perfect candidate would be in the $20-25/hour range. With a budget of 10 hours/week, we would expect 5-7 SEO articles/tutorials to be written on a regular basis. This gives you 90-120 minutes per article to capture content from a ~5-12 minute YouTube video.
Alternatively, if you’re quick and can produce the videos in 60 minutes, we’re comfortable with $40/hour. Essentially, we have a budget of $250/week for 5-7 articles/week.
Payment can be handled weekly or monthly through Paypal, Upwork, or any other reasonable (non-scammy, reputable) platform. If you send a Paypal invoice, that’s the most convenient for us.
The perfect candidate should also enjoy home studio equipment. The content can be quite repetitive and uninteresting unless you are actually interested in the subject.
We’ll do a (paid) 3-article sample for 5 different candidates at a rate of $50 each. The winner will get the contract and the others can remain on file if desired.
Each article will include:
- Title (Taken from YouTube Video)
- Intro Paragraph (Written By You)
- Quick Answer Section (1-2 sentence summary with the main answer to the question)
- Content, roughly 1-2 paragraphs per chapter from the YouTube video, Using headings for each chapter.
- Affiliate Links “Pricing & Specs” section (copied from youtube video)
- “topics” section (chapters copied from YouTube Description)
- Disclosure (template, done by us)
- Related Posts (handled by wordpress, done by us).
Articles on our website that we love:
To apply, please email [email protected] and try to answer the questions below to the best of your ability.
- What home recording/studio experience do you have?
- Which of the required job skills do you feel you are strongest at?
- Why do you think you are a good fit for this particular project?
- Which part of this project do you think will take the most time?
- Have you worked on a project like this before?
- What platform would you like to be paid on?
- What frequency do you prefer to be paid?
- What is your ideal compensation for 5-7 articles per week?
- Are you available to complete 5-7 articles per week on a reasonable, ongoing basis (holidays, life events happen)?
- Do you have links to similar samples of your work?