In this tutorial we show you how to connect and setup the SSL2+ Audio Interface with the Rode PodMic Dynamic Microphone. We also talk about using the windscreen and we do a demo of the legendary 4K button that is built into the SSL2+ Audio Interface.
How To Connect Rode PodMic to SSL2+
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Follow these steps to properly setup you Rode NT1 Microphone with your SSL2+ Audio Interface.
- Connect Solid State Logic SSL2+ To Computer
Connect Solid State Logic SSL2+ To Computer using USB C Cable or using USB C to USB A Cable
- Connect Rode PodMic to Solid State Logic SSL2+
Connect Rode PodMic Dynamic Microphone to SSL2+ Audio Interface Using XLR Cable
- Turn up gain as necessary
Turn up gain as necessary: aim for -18dB to -12dB for recordings,aim for -6dB for live streaming/video conferencing
- Press Record!
SSL2+ and Rode PodMic Pricing:
- Solid State Logic SSL2+ Audio Interface: https://currentprice.io/ssl2_plus
- Rode PodMic Dynamic Microphone: https://currentprice.io/rode_podmic
- Windscreen For Rode PodMic: https://currentprice.io/podmic_foam
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/6ft_xlr
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
Solid State Logic SSL2 & PodMic Topics / Chapters
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:48 – Pricing & Specs
- 1:00 – Connect Rode PodMic to SSL2+
- 1:18 – What Does The Preamp Do?
- 2:06 – Gain Setup On SSL2+
- 4:30 – Inline PreAmp (Cloudlifter CL1)
- 5:30 – Rode PodMic Windscreen
- 4:47 – SSL 4K Mode
- 6:40 – Final Thoughts
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.