In this video, we show you how to set up the Shure MV7 Microphone with the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface. We also show you how this combination sounds (3:16), plus we do a demonstration with the Scarlett 2i2 Air Button.
Setup Scarlett 2i2 With Shure MV7
Time needed: 5 minutes
How To Connect Shure MV7 to Scarlett 2i2
- Connect Scarlett 2i2 to Computer
Use appropriate USB cable for this connection.
- Connect Shure MV7 to Scarlett 2i2
Using an XLR cable
- Turn up the gain until you are getting -18 to -12dB in your recording software
- Select Air Mode on Scarlett 2i2 (optional)
- Press Record!
Is the Scarlett 2i2 A Good Fit For the Shure MV7?
In our experience, the Scarlett 2i2 is a good fit for the Shure MV7 microphone. It has enough gain to properly power this microphone and the preamps are clean enough to achieve a high quality recording.
Scarlett Air Mode with Shure MV7
Generally speaking, we find the Air Mode on the Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface to be complementary with the Shure MV7. It brightens up a microphone that is normally pretty dark and makes it a bit easier to listen to.
Scarlett 2i2 & Shure MV7 Monitoring
Since we’re bypassing the USB mode on the Shure MV7, you need to connect your headphones or monitors to the Scarlett 2i2. The headphone output on the Shure MV7 won’t work unless the microphone is powered by it’s USB cable.
Scarlett 2i2 & Shure MV7 Pricing & Specs
- Shure MV7 Microphone: https://currentprice.io/shure_mv7
- Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface: https://currentprice.io/scarlett_2i2
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro: https://currentprice.io/beyer_dt_990
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/xlr_cable
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand