We’re going to give you a quick introduction to the ChamSys Extra Wing lighting console companion. We’ll explore some of its key features and answer some of the questions we commonly get asked about this unit.
Quick Answer: The ChamSys Extra Wing is a great addition to your lighting console if you need the added flexibility of additional playbacks and buttons. However, it is not a stand-alone lighting console.
ChamSys Extra Wing Features
We commonly use the ChamSys Extra Wing as a companion to our ChamSys MagicQ MQ80 lighting console when we know we’ll need added options and flexibility for a day-long event.
- 12 x Playbacks (almost full-size)
- 12 x Assignable buttons for one-shot effects
- Multiple pages
- Backlit LED scribble strip
- Kensington lock slot
- Work lamp included
It’s worth noting that the Extra Wing will not function as a stand-alone lighting console; it is an expansion unit for other lighting consoles (MQ50, MQ60, MQ70, MQ80, MQ500, etc.).
ChamSys Extra Wing Connections
On the back of the console, you will find:
- An on/off switch
- 2 x USB ports
Confusingly, the USB port labeled “USB In” is the port used to connect what we feel is the output from this board to the main console.
- 1 x USB-A port
- Working light port
Equipment Used To Make The Accompanying Video
- Camera: https://currentprice.io/sony_a7iii
- Lens: https://currentprice.io/sigma_24_70
- Microphone: https://currentprice.io/sony_lav
- Studio Monitors: https://currentprice.io/hs5_monitor
- Video Recorder: https://currentprice.io/ninja_v
- Video Switcher For Live Stream: https://currentprice.io/atem_minipro
- Key Light: https://currentprice.io/celeb_250
- Fill Light: https://currentprice.io/astera_ax1
- Uplight: https://currentprice.io/astera_ax5
- Truss: https://currentprice.io/truss_black
- Editing Computer: https://currentprice.io/mac_mini
- Editing Monitor: https://currentprice.io/lg_32in_4k