Does a laptop have what it takes to power a set of 250 Ohm headphones? We tested our Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm headphones with a variety of laptops (Macbook Pro, Acer, Dell, HP) to find out.
Quick Answer: All of the laptops we tested delivered sufficient volume when paired with our Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm headphones.
Can a Macbook Pro Power 250 Ohm Headphones?
We plugged our 250 Ohm headphones into a 2016 Macbook Pro and found that the Mac delivered adequate power for comfortable listening.
For everyday audio, such as listening to Apple Music, Spotify, or Youtube, a volume setting of around 85-90% worked best. This setting also gave us the volume needed for accurate monitoring and audio editing work in Final Cut Pro and Logic.
Can a Windows Laptop Power 250 Ohm Headphones?
Surprisingly, we only needed to set our Asus laptop to 60-65% to match the volume of the Macbook Pro at 85-90%. We needed to push the Asus to around 75% for comfortable audio editing, but this still left plenty of headroom.
With a vast range of PC laptop models out there, we couldn’t test them all. However, the selection we tested performed consistently and provided more than enough power for our Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm headphones.
Do Recommend Pairing 250 Ohm Headphones With a Laptop?
Whether you’re listening to music or editing audio and video, we think you’ll be happy with the way your 250 Ohm headphones perform when plugged straight into your laptop.
250 Ohm Headphones & Laptop Prices
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm Headphones: https://currentprice.io/beyer_dt_990
- Shure SM7B Dynamic Microphone: https://currentprice.io/shure_sm7b
- SSL2+ Audio Interface: https://currentprice.io/ssl2_plus
- 16″ Macbook Pro: https://currentprice.io/16in_mbp
- Acer Laptop: https://currentprice.io/acer_laptop
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/xlr_cable
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
- Rode PSA1 Boom Arm: https://currentprice.io/boom_arm