- The Yamaha has an input gain of: 64 dB
- The Mackie has an input gain of: 60 dB
- The Yamaha has a noise of: -128 dBu
- The Mackie has a noise of: -126 dBu
I don’t think many people would notice a difference between -128 and -126 dBu, but the Yamaha preamp is quieter, even with the additional gain which is nice.
Audio Mixer Outputs
The Yamaha MG10XU and Mackie ProFX10v3 both have identical outputs:
- 2 x Balanced XLR Outputs
- 2 x Balanced 1/4 Outputs
- 1 x FX Send (Balanced)
- 1 x Headphone Jack
- 2 x Balanced Monitor Outputs
On the Mackie, you do get independent control of headphone and monitor outputs, the Yamaha MG10XU has a single volume knob that controls both.
Both audio mixers have a 24bit/192kHz audio interface.
- Yamaha: 2 in 2 out
- Mackie: 4 in 2 out
The additional inputs of the Mackie are very useful.
The Mackie ProFX10v3 also features a blend knob which can blend zero latency monitoring from the audio mixer with the USB input from your DAW (audio editing/recording software).
Both audio mixers offer a one knob compressor.
- Yamaha: Adds gain while reducing threshold and compression ratio
- Mackie: Only reduces threshold with a fixed 1:6 compression ratio.
If you need an insert on your microphone channels (for outboard compression or reverb), the Mackie has four of them. The Yamaha does not have any inserts.
The Mackie has mute buttons on each channel and the Yamaha does not. The Mackie audio mixer also has a mute for the main output, the Yamaha does not.
|Yamaha MG10XU||Mackie ProFX10v3|
|Line inputs||Combo (4), Phone (6), RC||(8) 1/4″ TRS|
|Compression||Gain, Threshold, Ratio||Threshold, Fixed Ratio|
|Monitors||L & R||L & R|
|Stereo Outputs||XLR, Balanced 1/4″||XLR, Balanced 1/4″|
|USB Interface||2 in 2 out||4 in 2 out|
|Weight||4.63 lbs||4.9 lbs|
Yamaha MG10XU vs Mackie ProFX10v3 Pricing
- Yamaha MG10XU Audio Mixing Console: https://geni.us/3BRuA
- Mackie ProFX10v3 Audio Mixing Console: https://geni.us/9foDEK
Topics Covered In This Video
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:45 – Price
- 1:03 – XLR & USB Outputs
- 2:00 – Mute Buttons
- 2:10 – XLR & USB Outputs Cont.
- 2:40 – USB Inputs
- 4:35 – Monitor/Headphone Volume
- 5:05 – Inputs
- 5:42 – Inserts
- 6:15 – High Pass Filter & EQ
- 7:35 – Compression
- 9:10 – FX Send & FX
- 10:20 – Additional Differences
- 10:58 – Summary of Comparison
- 11:37 – Final Thoughts
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.