Can the Yamaha MG10XU power 250 ohm headphones like the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro? Let’s find out!
Quick Answer: Yes, the Yamaha MG10XU can properly power 250 ohm headphones without the use of an external headphone amplifier.
What is so special about 250 ohm headphones?
High-impedance headphones (more than 80 ohms) are known to:
- Have lower noise (hiss)
- Sound more clear
- Sound more transparent
- Have better bass definition
- Have a wider sound stage
Yamaha MG10XU & 250 Ohm Headphone Testing
- Listening To Music – We only had to set the headphone volume to 35% in order to have an appropriate amount of volume to enjoy music being played
- Video Editing and Audio Mixing – We set the volume to 40-45% and we had enough volume work with audio that wasn’t normalized or compressed yet.
- Vocal Monitoring – We set the volume to 50% and had enough volume to accurately monitor our vocals during recording.
The Yamaha MG10XU is powerful enough to power 250 ohm headphones in various situations. We are very comfortable recommending this combo for your home studio setup!
Yamaha MG10XU & 250 Ohm Headphone Pricing
- Yamaha MG10XU Audio Mixing Console: https://currentprice.io/mg10xu
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones (250 Ohm): https://currentprice.io/beyer_dt_990
- Shure SM7B Dynamic Microphone: https://currentprice.io/shure_sm7b
- Cloudlifter CL1 Inline Preamp: https://currentprice.io/cloudlifter
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/xlr_cable
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand