Let’s take a look at how to set up and connect the Shure SM7B dynamic microphone with the Yamaha AG06 audio mixer.
We also check if the Shure SM7B microphone is compatible with the Yamaha AG06 AG06 audio mixer and whether the mixer has enough gain to power the microphone correctly.
Lastly, we also test if you need to use an in-line preamp (Cloudlifter).
Quick Answer: The Yamaha AG06 audio mixer has enough gain to power the Shure SM7B microphone properly. You don’t need a Cloudlifter if you place the mic correctly and are able to speak loudly.
Is the Yamaha AG06 A Good Fit For the & Shure SM7B?
In our experience, the Yamaha AG06 is a good fit for the Shure SM7B microphone, and it has enough gain to power this microphone properly.
With a good mic placement, you don’t need to use the Cloudlifter, especially if you can speak loudly. But if you’re softspoken, you might need an inline preamp/Cloudlifter.
How To Setup Shure SM7B & Yamaha AG06
Time needed: 2 minutes.
The mixer will work great “as-is”, but you can also download additional software from Yamaha’s website which will help you with more advanced options.
- Connect Yamaha AG06 To Your Computer
Connect the Yamaha AG06 to your computer using the USB output of the mixer.
- Connect Shure SM7B to Yamaha AG06
Using a XLR Cable.
- Set Level Knob
Turn the Level knob up to 8/10
- Set Gain Knob
Turn up the gain until you see a signal on your computer between -12dB and -18dB. Use software like OBS or Logic Pro to monitor the input level.
- Add Compression & EQ
To taste. Less is more.
- Hit Record!
Yamaha AG06 & Shure SM7B Pricing
- Yamaha AG06 Audio Mixer: https://currentprice.io/yamaha_ag06
- Shure SM7B Dynamic Microphone: https://currentprice.io/shure_sm7b
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones: https://currentprice.io/beyer_dt_990
- Cloudlifter CL-1 Inline Preamp: https://currentprice.io/cloudlifter
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/xlr_cable
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
- Rode PSA1 Boom Arm: https://currentprice.io/boom_arm