In this video, we show you how to connect the Mackie ProFX10v3 Audio Mixer with your computer for Zoom Video Conferencing and Meeting Online. You can use the same settings/setup for any other video conferencing, such as Microsoft Teams, etc.
ProFX10v3 Audio Mixer Settings
Before we set up the microphone, we’ll select the right settings for the mixer. Make sure everything is muted and EQ and pan are in the 12 o’clock position. Set the main output to zero/unity position and turn down everything else. Also, turn on the “To Phones” button on the mixer so that you can see the meter and set the gain accordingly.
Connecting the Microphone to the Audio Console
We’re using the Audio Technica AT2020 microphone as it is pretty common for video conferencing and live streaming.
1. Plug one end of an XLR cable into the microphone and the other end into the first channel of the console.
2. Turn on the 48v phantom power on the console because Audio Technica AT2020 is a condenser microphone, and it needs phantom power to activate. If you’re using a dynamic microphone, you don’t need phantom power.
3. Set the level for the first channel to zero/unity.
4. Finally, unmute the microphone.
Setting the Gain
Turn up the gain knob until you have a level of about 0 on the meter on the right side of the console. We have to make sure not to go over 0 as it will result in some peaking and audio degradation.
Setting the Compressor
Turn up the compressor to about two-thirds.
The compressor on Mackie ProFX10v3 Audio Mixer doesn’t add any additional gain; it simply lowers the threshold of the compressor with a fixed 6:1. The purpose of setting the compressor is to ensure that we don’t go over zero on the meter.
Setting the EQ
To eliminate highs and mouth noise, turn down the highs a bit and turn up the mids. Also, turn on the Low Cut on the console.
Connecting Mackie ProFX10v3 to Zoom
1. We’ll start with the Zoom test meeting (https://zoom.us/test) to make sure everything works fine. When you land on the test meeting page, hit join and open Zoom.
2. Next, join with video, and you’ll see it automatically detects the audio mixer. Then join with computer audio.
3. Open the audio settings and analyze your input level. If you want to increase or decrease the level, you can adjust your level knob or gain on the mixer accordingly.
Setup Mackie ProFX10v3 Audio Mixer For Zoom Pricing
- Mackie ProFX10v3 Pricing: https://currentprice.io/profx10v3