In this tutorial, we show you the exact steps that you need in order to multipack record using a Yamaha MG10XU USB Audio Mixing Console.
It’s common wisdom that a USB Audio Mixer like the Yamaha MG10XU is built to only send the stereo output (Left and Right) to your computer over the USB output.
We show you a trick so you can multi-track record two separate channels to your computer.
How To Multi-Track Record With Yamaha MG10XU
Time needed: 5 minutes.
How To Multi-Track Record Using A Yamaha MG10XU
- Connect your Yamaha MG10XU to your computer
Using USB Cable
- Open your Audio Software (Digital Audio Workstation) and set your Yamaha MG10XU as an input device.
- Pan Channel One To The Left
- Pan Channel Two To The Right
- Set each output from the MG10XU to it’s own track in your DAW
- Hit Record!
Equipment Used For Multi-Track Recording
- Yamaha MG10XU Audio Mixing Console: https://currentprice.io/mg10xu
- Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone: https://currentprice.io/shure_sm58
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/xlr_cable