In this tutorial we show you the exact steps that you need in order to multipack record using a Yamaha MG10XU USB Audio Mixing Console.
It’s common wisdom that a USB Audio Mixer like the Yamaha MG10XU is built to only send the stereo output (Left and Right) to your computer over the USB output.
We show you a trick so you can multi-track record two separate channels to your computer.
How To Multi-Track Record With Yamaha MG10XU
Time needed: 5 minutes.
How To Multi-Track Record Using A Yamaha MG10XU
- Connect your Yamaha MG10XU to your computer
Using USB Cable
- Open your Audio Software (Digital Audio Workstation) and set your Yamaha MG10XU as an input device.
- Pan Channel One To The Left
- Pan Channel Two To The Right
- Set each output from the MG10XU to it’s own track in your DAW
- Hit Record!
Equipment Used For Multi-Track Recording
- Yamaha MG10XU Audio Mixing Console: https://currentprice.io/mg10xu
- Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone: https://currentprice.io/shure_sm58
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/6ft_xlr
Yamaha MG10XU Multi-Track Recording Chapters
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:00 – Audio Mixer Setup
- 2:00 – Any Two Channels
- 2:21 – Connect USB To Computer
- 2:42 – Connect Microphones
- 3:03 – Gain Setup
- 3:38 – Garageband / DAW Setup
- 4:38 – Pan The Two Channels Left & Right
- 5:11 – MultiTrack Recording Both Inputs
- 5:50 – Final Thoughts
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.