Are you trying to multi-track record with your Mackie ProFX10v3 USB audio mixer? We’ll talk you through the process using a Macbook and Garageband in this tutorial, but these steps will work with all computer and audio software combinations.
Quick Answer: Connect audio sources to channels 1 & 2 on your Mackie ProFX10v3, panning 1 to the left and 2 to the right. Create 2 tracks in your software and set their sources to inputs 1 and 2 respectively. You’re now recording 2 audio sources on 2 separate tracks simultaneously!
How To Multi-Track Record Using Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Audio Mixing Console
Time needed: 2 minutes.
- Connect USB Audio Mixer To Computer With USB Cable
- Start a new project in Garageband (or other software)
Select “use” in the pop-up menu to accept audio from your ProFX10v3
- Create Two Audio Tracks
Select input 1 for track
Select input 2 for track 2
- Enable Recording on Both Audio Tracks
In Garageband: Option-T > Record Enable > Click Record Symbol
- Connect your audio source to channel 1 and 2 on the ProFX10v3
- Set Gain On Both Channels
TIP: Don’t process the audio on the ProFX10v3 with compression and eq. Do this in software after the recording is finished.
- Pan Channels Left/Right
Pan Channel 1 Left
Pan Channel 2 Right
- Record your audio!
Audio from each channel on the mixer should show up in it’s own track in Garageband.
Recording additional tracks
Repeat the above process, adding two new tracks each time, and setting the audio inputs to 1 and 2, respectively. The Mackie ProFX10v3 has a great feature that allows you to hear playback from your computer through your headphones as you record additional tracks.
You can control this with the blend knob. Turn it to input, and you’ll only hear audio from the mixer’s input channels. Turn it to USB 1-2, and you’ll only hear the audio playback from your computer. Any setting in between will give you a mix of the two.
Multi-Track Record Using Mackie ProFX10v3 – Equipment Prices
- Mackie ProFX10v3 Audio Mixer: https://currentprice.io/profx10v3
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/xlr_cable
- Table Top Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
- 16″ Macbook Pro: https://currentprice.io/16in_mbp
- Shure SM58: https://currentprice.io/shure_sm58
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.
All opinions are based on our experience and are given for informational purposes only.