Let’s check if the Mackie ProFX6v3 audio mixer can power a set of 250 Ohms headphones (Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro) and see if this combination is loud enough.
Quick Answer: 250 Ohms headphones are loud enough for music listening, audio and video editing and live recording/vocal monitoring with plenty of headroom, so you can turn up the volume if you want.
We tested the Mackie ProFX6v3 audio mixer in three different ways, and here are the results:
|Headphone level||Loud enough|
|Music listening (iTunes, Spotify, etc.)||35-40%||Yes|
|Audio and video editing||45-50%||Yes|
|Live recording and Vocal monitoring||55-60%||Yes (a bit of hiss above 50%/)|
Mackie ProFX6v3 & 250 Ohm Headphones Pricing
To give you the most up-to-date prices of the equipment used in this video retailers, we’ve linked the current price from a variety of online below
- Mackie ProFX6v3 Audio Mixer: https://currentprice.io/profx6v3
- Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 Ohm Headphones: https://currentprice.io/beyer_dt_990
- Electro-Voice RE20 Dynamic Microphone: https://currentprice.io/re20-black
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/xlr_cable
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
- Rode PSA1 Boom Arm: https://currentprice.io/boom_arm