In this video we discuss wether or not the Yamaha MG10XU Audio Mixer is a powered mixer. This is a common question that we get a lot.
Quick Answer: The Yamaha MG10XU Audio Mixer is NOT a powered audio mixer.
It used to be more common for audio mixers to have built in power amps but the industry has moved away from that model aside from small “kit” PA system (Yamaha Stagepass, Fender Passport, etc.)
Disadvantages of having a power amp integrated into an audio mixer.
- Lack of modularity
- Long distance between power amp and speaker
- Inefficient power pairing (under powering speaker or over powering speaker)
It’s now more common for audio mixers to be non powered (passive) and for speakers to have built-in power amps.
Equipment Featured In This Video
- Yamaha MG10XU Audio Mixing Console: https://geni.us/3BRuA
- Rode PodMic Dynamic Microphone: https://geni.us/7atkA
- Rode PodMic Windscreen: https://geni.us/LJb3Q
- Cloudlifter CL-1: https://geni.us/uLHCu1
- XLR Cable: https://geni.us/YmA0yK
- Mic Stand: https://geni.us/QAuGAw
- Yamaha MG10XU Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaYwW78QvMUChzZ2u42wq2R3zx-RyXr-z
Topics Covered In This Video
Disclosure: If you purchase an item or service from an outbound link, we may receive a referral fee, which helps to support Kettner Creative.