There are several reasons why you may want to reset your Rode Rodecaster Pro 2. Some common reasons include the following:
- Frozen Interface
- Not responsive to Changes
- Doesn’t recognize SD card
- Doesn’t recognize the USB device
- Cannot load/save show file
- Audio FX arent responding as expected
- Sound pads aren’t working as expected
- Routing isn’t working as expected
In this guide, you will learn three ways to fix these problems.
Option 1: Power Cycle (On/off)
Have you tried turning it off and turning it on again? It sounds simple, but it’s extremely effective. This can resolve most common problems.
How To Power Cycle Rodecaster Pro
- Press Power Button
- Respond to the on-screen prompt asking to confirm shutdown.
If the software is frozen and the power button doesn’t work, you need to unplug the Rodecaster Pro 2.
After shutting down the Rodecaster Pro 2, wait 30 seconds before turning it back on.
Option 2: Reset Rodecaster Pro 2
If a simple power cycle doesn’t work, you will need to factory reset your Rodecaster Pro 2. This will erase all of your show files and settings, so make sure you have a backup before doing this.
How To Factory Reset Rodecaster Pro 2
How To Reset Rodecaster Pro 2
Total Time: 2 minutes
Open The Rodecaster Pro 2 Settings (Gear icon in the top right corner)
Select View Device Information
Select Erase & Reset Device
Once this process is complete, we highly recommend that you update and re-install the firmware as prompted by the Rodecaster Pro 2.
Option 3: Reset Using Rode Central
If option 2 doesn’t work or you prefer to use your laptop, you can reset your Rodecaster Pro 2 with the Rode Central App on your computer.
Similar to the previous option, this will erase all of your data and settings from the Rodecaster Pro 2, so make sure you have a backup of your files.
Using the Rode Central app to reset your Rodecaster Pro 2 will force a firmware update to the latest version. Hopefully, this resolves the issue that you’re having.
How to reset Rodecaster Pro 2 using Rode Central
- Connect Rodecaster Pro 2 to a computer with a USB cable
- Open Rode Central (Download and install if necessary)
- Select Rodecaster Pro 2
- Open settings (Gear icon, top right)
- Select factory reset
- Disconnect the USB cable from Rodecaster Pro 2
- Reconnect the USB cable to Rodecaster Pro 2
- Wait for Rodecaster Pro 2 to reset and reinstall its software.
If none of these options resolve your issue, you should contact Rode Support (https://rode.com/en/support/contact). In our experience, they are very friendly and responsive.
How To Reset Rodecaster Pro Equipment
- Rode Rodecaster Pro 2: https://currentprice.io/rodecaster2
- Neat King Bee 2: https://currentprice.io/king_bee_ii
- Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Headphones: https://currentprice.io/beyer_dt_990
- XLR Cable: https://currentprice.io/xlr_cable
- Mic Stand: https://currentprice.io/desk_stand
- Rode PSA1+ Boom Arm: http://currentprice.io/psa1_plus
- Quality Acoustic Treatment Panels: http://currentprice.io/soundpanels