Pipe and drape is the most effective way to transform an event space, hide unsightly parts of your venue, or setup a temporary space (tradeshow booth, work station, temporary medical facility, etc.).
It’s quite simple to setup pipe and drape, in the video below we walk through how to setup each component.
Pipe & Drape Components
Each pipe and drape section is made of the following components:
- Baseplate – Usually either 12″ 18″ or 24″
- Upright – Either fixed (8′) or Telescoping (7-12′, 9-16′)
- Crossbar – Telescoping (6-10′, 8-12′)
- Drape – (Banjo, Polypremier, Velour, etc.)
Setting Up Pipe & Drape
We recommend the following steps to setup your pipe & drape efficiently.
- Place baseplates in approximate location (either 6′, 8′ or 10′ apart)
- Set the length of your crossbar to desired length (6′, 8′ or 10′ apart)
- Use the crossbar to confirm that each baseplate is accurately placed
- Put the uprights on each baseplate pin
- Stuff the drape on the crossbar
- 6′ wide, use 2 pieces
- 8′ wide, use 3 pieces
- 10′ wide, use 4 pieces
- For velour drape, we have our drape pre-sewn into 13′ wide sections, so just use a single piece of drape for any width between 6-12′.
- Clip the crossbar onto the uprights
- Spread the drape out evenly across the crossbar
- Set the height of the telescoping uprights so the drape just barely touches the floor.
- All done!
If you wish to rent pipe & drape, Kettner Creative has a large inventory of Banjo & Velour drape in Vancouver, Canada.
Kettner Creative is a full service audio visual (A/V) company located in Vancouver, BC. We rent Audio, Video, Lighting, Drape and LED Furniture for events. If you’re interested in our services for an upcoming event – Please contact us!