Do you have a vibrant presence, are full of excitement, eager to learn and grow, and full of dreams to create an amazing experience for our customers? Then you are the type of person that fits into our culture at Kettner Creative! We want people who truly live our core values by being themselves. At Kettner Creative, we are innovative, eager, event-driven professionals who have a higher purpose beyond just collecting a paycheck. Still interested?
Kettner Creative is one of Vancouver’s fastest growing production companies because of our high standards, customer service, and dedication to surpass the quality of events that other companies deliver. Due to our rapid growth, we are always looking for audio visual technicians who fit our values to assist with events and productions in Metro Vancouver, including the Fraser Valley.
We are currently recruiting energetic team members to help deliver what we believe to be the highest value production available in Vancouver.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of signal flow
- Ability to wrap cable properly, using the over/under technique
- Audio Equipment
- Digital & Analog Mixers
- Wireless Microphone Systems & Frequency Selection (Handheld, Lav, Countryman, etc)
- Microphones & Microphone Placement
- Powered Speakers & Small Line Array Systems
- Snakes (Digital and Analog), and Press Boxes
- Video Equipment
- Projectors and LED TVs
- Video Switchers & Mixers
- Video Splitters & Connections
- Video Camera Operation
- Stage Lighting (Lekos, Fresnels, etc)
- LED Uplights & Stage Lights
- Lighting Controllers
- PC & Mac Laptops & Desktops
- Microsoft Office
- Related Infrastructure
- A/V Theory
- Signal Types
- Frame Rates
- Audio Frequencies
- Deliver remarkable service to our customers, understanding that they have been looking forward to their event for weeks and/or months.
- Ability to suggest and recommend solutions for customers on-site, even if they weren’t ordered ahead of time.
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate problems, and to make sure that events run flawlessly.
Want to learn more about the job?
- Read the book: Sound Reinforcement Handbook
- Read the book: Arena Rigger’s Handbook
- Read the book: The Automated Lighting Programmer’s Handbook
- Read our content from our blog
- Respectfully challenge you to be the very best
- Ask that you respectfully challenge us to be the very best
In return, Kettner Creative will offer:
- A competitive salary, with a path for promotion and advancement
- The opportunity to work for an exciting, growing company
- Product training and professional development opportunities
Applicants need the ability to think on their feet in high stress environments while maintaining a calm, professional demeanour.
This is a contract, part-time position that will provide talented individuals the ability to move to a full time position as available.
If you feel like you would be a good fit as an audio visual technician at Kettner Creative, please:
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with information on your experience and why you think you are a good fit, considering our values.
- Let us know why you want to work for Kettner Creative, specifically
- Send a video of yourself wrapping cable properly